As per WordPress’ blog, WordPress 3.8.2 security release fixes nine bugs and contains three other security hardening changes.
Please make sure to update your WordPress websites as soon as possible. It is possible that WordPress has probably already updated your website to 3.8.2. You see, back in October 2013, WordPress released version 3.7.1 and with it they created a feature that allows them to auto update your website for minor updates like 3.8.2.
It is a bad idea to allow WordPress to automatically update your website because an automatic update can happen at anytime without you knowing. We highly recommend that you disable WordPress automatic updates before the release of the next WordPress update.
Here’s how to update your website manually:
You can update your own WordPress site by going to the to Dashboard, clicking on Updates and then clicking on “Update Now.”
Here’s how to Disable the WordPress Automatic Updates before the next WordPress minor release:
Disabling automatic updates in WordPress requires that you add the following line of code in your wp-config.php file:
define(‘AUTOMATIC_UPDATER_DISABLED’, true );
As with any release of WordPress, WP-MONITOR recommends that you do the following before performing any update:
- Disable automatic updates in WordPress by adding the following line of code in your wp-config.php file: define(‘AUTOMATIC_UPDATER_DISABLED’, true );
- Perform a full backup of your website before upgrading.
- Check all your plugins and active theme and verify with manufacturer that they will work with this new release.
- Once you know the theme and plugins will work, update to this latest version of WordPress.
- Update your active theme if necessary.
- Update all your plugins if necessary.
- Test your entire site’s functionality and make sure everything is working.
- If something is not working, perform a full site recovery from your full backup.
You can read the details of all the changes in WordPress Security Release 3.8.2 by clicking here. What are your thoughts on the new release of WordPress 3.8.2?
(All of our WP-MONITOR paid plans take care of all WordPress Core updates and releases for you so you can sit back and relax an not worry weather an update will crash your site. We take care of all the WordPress Maintenance and WordPress Monitoring for you. Take a look at our affordable WordPress plans and give us a try for free for 30 days. )