As per WordPress’ blog, WordPress 3.8.3 maintenance release fixes “quick draft” issue that was introduced in WordPress 3.8.2 security release.
This issue being fixed only affected you if you went to the Dashboard and typed in a quick draft (see image above) and then clicked on “save draft”. In 3.8.2, the draft will not be saved.
Please make sure to update your WordPress websites as soon as possible. It is possible that WordPress has probably already updated your website to 3.8.3.
Read our other Blog on upgrading to 3.8.2 which explains how to update your WordPress blog manually and how to disable automatic updates by WordPress.
As with any release of WordPress, WP-MONITOR recommends that you do the following before performing any update:
- Disable automatic updates in WordPress by adding the following line of code in your wp-config.php file: define(‘AUTOMATIC_UPDATER_DISABLED’, true );
- Perform a full backup of your website before upgrading.
- Check all your plugins and active theme and verify with manufacturer that they will work with this new release.
- Once you know the theme and plugins will work, update to this latest version of WordPress.
- Update your active theme if necessary.
- Update all your plugins if necessary.
- Test your entire site’s functionality and make sure everything is working.
- If something is not working, perform a full site recovery from your full backup.
(All of our WP-MONITOR paid plans take care of all WordPress Core updates and releases for you so you can sit back and relax an not worry weather an update will crash your site. We take care of all the WordPress Maintenance and WordPress Monitoring for you. Take a look at our affordable WordPress plans and give us a try for free for 30 days. )